Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Go Ahead - Make a Splash!


Can you believe that it's May 1st already? And it's finally beginning to feel like spring where I live -thank goodness! Today's design team project was made using the "embossing resist technique" for the Mix It Up Challenge Blog

I took my embossing fluid ink pad directly to the paper through the stencil that I had taped down over my white A2 card base...after gently pulling the stencil up, I immediately sprinkled the clear embossing powder over top and then heat set it.


Over top of the clear embossing, I blended 3 different Distress Ink Colors then buffed off the clear so that the resist really popped! I colored the digital mermaid stamp using Sharpie and Bic alcohol based markers and cut it out using my Scan N Cut. Then I added the pale blue twine behind the image, splashed on some Sparkle Silk and used foam tape to pop her up. The wave strip is dry embossed and sanded, so this card has a nice variety of textures to it.


Until next time~




No comments:

Post a Comment