Friday, January 19, 2018

Chilly Time Planner Spread


Today's design team post for the Craftin' Desert Divas January Mood Board found me using my favorite Christmas present for the very first time...that's right, my awesome hubby surprised me with a Brother Scan N Cut 250 machine on Christmas Eve and I have been in crafty heaven ever since!!!

Craftin' Desert Divas January 2018 Mood Board Challenge


Using the Scan N Cut to make my own stickers for my planner spreads is wonderful and such a time saver! I printed them on sticker paper, then scanned and cut all the penguins from the Chilly Time digi stamp set using the 1mm border setting and colored them up using my Chameleon colored pencils.


I was even able to play around with the cutting settings so that it cut only my image and not the sticker backer paper -making them super easy to pull off -just like a traditional sticker that you would buy in the store -WOWSERS!!! How awesome is that?!


The washi tape is metallic silver, so it did cause a bit of an issue with reflection when I tried to take the pictures. The ink blending was done with sage green dye ink to mimic the feel of the cool winter tones from the CDD Mood Board.


For the functional task stickers that came from the CDD Planner Basic Bundle digi stamp set, I colored them with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and then directly cut them right on the line so that they would fit in the planner boxes perfectly. And that is the beauty of digital stamping -having exactly what you need in exactly the right size -ALL the time!!!


The patterned paper I used on this spread is old and from my stash -I think it may have come from Stampin' Up at one time, but I can't be sure? I punched those perfectly sized planner rectangles using the medium/classic box punch from the Happy Planner.


I think this is one of my favorite layouts so far and with digi stamps and my new machine it was a cinch to pull together! That's it for me this week...until next time~





No comments:

Post a Comment