Thursday, December 28, 2017

How to Use the Best Glue Ever to Make a Cute Gingerbread Boy Spinner Card


This little cutie was a lot of fun to make and is my design team project for ScraPerfect today. Now that Christmas has come and gone, it's time to make thank you cards, right? I've been wanting to try a spinner card for a long time now and this digital stamp set from Power Poppy with the front and back sides of the gingerbread boy and girl was perfect for it!


I die cut the oval in both the white A2 card front and the red patterned paper.


I colored the ginger people up with my watercolor pencils and a blender pen then fussy cut them out.


I stamped the Thanks in red ink repeatedly inside the card so that it would show through the oval window and be seen behind the gingerbread boy.


Using clear fishing wire and the Best Glue Ever along with the No Clog Writing Cap, I sandwiched the wire between the front and the back of the gingerbread boy and then secured the top and bottom of the wire between the red patterned paper layer and the white card front. I just laid a large acrylic stamping block on the top to hold everything in place while I waited for the glue to dry.


To get him to spin when the card is opened up, just twist him around until the wire is taunt and then hold him down when closing the card. When the card is next opened, he will spin like crazy while the wire un-twists itself.


Inside, I glued the front of the gingerbread girl so that she was peeking out of the bottom right corner.


I then glued the back of the girl to the back of the card for extra fun! (Just match up the front to the back and then trim off the parts that hang-over) 


Hope you had a wonderful holiday! 
That's is for me today...until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect ~



No comments:

Post a Comment