Friday, November 3, 2017

My New Planner + October Recap


Whew -wow -October sure was a whirlwind and I finally have some time to sit down and share my new Classic Happy Planner with you!


This is the one I chose for my main planner this year and I couldn't be more pleased with my selection -it's totally PERFECT for me!!!




I did some personalizing to it -starting with the Rose Gold Classic Deluxe Cover and some Themed cards from the Fresh Floral Pocket Pages MAMBI memory collection. I also then altered some of the monthly dashboard dividers -with the "stay curious" one above, I added the black and white floral from one of the months that I recycled because I was not going to use it.(Because this was an 18 month planner that started with July, but I am not using the months prior to October)


For my monthly spreads, I will be using the retired calendar box die from Sweet Stamp Shop with patterned paper to highlight the birthdays and anniversaries that I need to send cards for. I also plan to decorate the pages using die cuts, patterned paper, stickers, ink and stamps.


Each week I complete a 2 page spread...sometimes I use Happy Planner stickers and cardstock, like below...


...and other times I will make my own stickers using stamps and ink like I did here in this post a few weeks ago.


On this one, I simply combined HP stickers with ink blending.


And on this one, I used patterned paper from my stash with the Happy Planner Weekly Box Punch and stamps from TAC, HP, Sweet Stamp Shop  and SU. Stazon has been my ink of choice for stamping directly on the pages and many other inks work when making stickers and ink blending.


Here you can see some of my supplies assembled while I was working on the pre-planning.


I chose to color my stickers with alcohol markers this time and then shaded them with colored pencils -I find myself doing this alot now that I've discovered how well it works!






Well, that's it for me today. I am loving using my new planner as a creative outlet that allows me to use my extensive collection of retired stamps and also keeps me organized. Until next time~



No comments:

Post a Comment