Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Happy Bee-Day Shaker Card

Today's card was made keeping the challenge from Power Poppy to "Frame It Up!"  in mind...so I made a hexagon frame and then turned it into a shaker card!



I used two stamp sets for this A5 (5 x 7) side folding white card...the "Bee Happy" set is from Amuse Studio and the "Thanks Much" is a very versatile  ATS set that you can get for FREE from Fun Stamper's Journey when you place a $50 order by the end of June.


Using Black Licorice ink from FSJ, I repeatedly stamped the "hand-made honey" hexagon so that it covered the entire card front. I then over stamped some of them with the background stamp in Raw Sienna Palette ink. 


Using 2 different blades and my Creative Memories hexagon cutting system, I cut a frame from mustard colored cardstock for the shaker card window. I stamped the large bee 3 times on scrap paper, colored them with Spectrum Noir pens, topped it off with some clear Wink of Stella glimmer and then fussy cut them out. 


I adhered the acetate to the hexagon frame with ScraPerfect's  Best Glue Ever and cut the foam tape in half length-wise to build the frame up to hold all the goodies inside...sequins, micro beads, and "confetti".


Using the BGE, I adhered the 3 bees to the front edges of the frame, bending their wings up a bit for added dimension and using mini foam dots, I adhered the sentiment that I embossed on black cardstock and cut out. 


 Using a paper punch from Creative Memories, I cut out 3 black hexagons and stamped them with the mini honeycomb in FSJ's Whip Cream ink. After heat setting them, I cut them in half and glued 3 pieces to the front of the card and 3 to the inside. Using images from "Bee Happy", I decorated the inside of the card and now it is ready to send to one of my sister-in-laws for her birthday in July.


Until next time~



3 comments:

  1. What a totally awesome card! Love the shaker!! Thanks for playing along with the Power and Spark Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete