Sunday, March 12, 2017

SIP Challenge #89 -A Sketch!

Today's card was inspired by the sketch challenge over at the Stamp, Ink, Paper blog.



Gathering of my supplies included the February Die of the Month Club set from Spellbinders Maker's Mart, a 2" circle punch, my favorite glue, some foam dots and cardstock from my stash. I only used 2 of the dies from this set -imagine what else you can do with it!!! I'm sure you will be seeing more of it in the future -it's becoming one of my favorites!


I ran the frame die thru my Amaze machine with gold glitter cardstock and the shamrocks with 3 shades of green cardstock. Once the shamrocks were diecut, I ran them thru a 2nd time with the embossing plate and mat to get the embossed dimension on the petals.


Since the green paper was textured and had a white core, I was able to use a sanding block  to add some interest by removing some of the color from the tops of the shamrocks. I used a standard A2 size white card base and layered a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel of brushed metallic gold cardstock on the card front. I stamped the sentiment (retired from TAC) in dark green dye ink on the circle punched from white cardstock and sponged the edges with the same green ink. The gold glitter frame was then centered on the card front and adhered with the liquid Mono glue.


I trimmed a piece of vellum for the left side of the card front to help keep the shamrocks grounded and adhered it with my ATG glue gun so that the adhesive would be hidden when the shamrocks were added.


I coated the sentiment circle with a good, even layer of glossy accents, added the 3 pieces of tiny gold confetti into the wet glaze and let the whole thing dry over night before adding it to the card front with the ATG. The shamrocks were spaced evenly along the left hand side and popped up with adhesive foam dots to finish off this glitzy, golden beauty!



No comments:

Post a Comment